The company has contributed greatly to the development of a fast-rising (quite literally) sport known as aquatic climbing. The combination of fun and fitness has proven to be a potent solution that has allowed many pools to bring back the teen and adult demographics they had lost and to improve the overall patron experience.
In 2011, we have introduced the following:
- ISO 9001 standards in the steel fabrication of all our frames;
- Renamed the standard AquaClimb® to AquaClimb® Classic;
- Introduced the state-of-the-art AquaClimb® Sport;
- Introduced the option to purchase 304 or 316 Stainless Steel frames;
- Introduced a modern rear covering system;
- (Recently Released) a new line called AquaClimb® Natural.
The sport of aquatic climbing has evolved rapidly over the last decade. It is now featured at over 200 indoor and outdoor environments across North America.
While many outdoor climbers prefer to climb on natural rocks and reefs—known in the climbing world as 'deep water soloing'—many have opted for the less risky and more accessible variation of indoor climbing at pools.
AquaClimb® has fostered this alternative sport through its product line. Some pools have officially integrated aquatic climbing into their fitness programs. Others use it as additional training for aquatic sport teams.